Blogging is an easy and convenient way to make money online. There are a lot of successful bloggers around who started out small but ended up making a lot of money through their blogs alone. A few years back, making money online meant that you had to have your own websites, products to sell and a lot of marketing knowledge. In today’s times, however, things have changed. There is a whole new generation of writers who have found out that writing blogs and sharing ideas, thoughts and information with people can help them earn a good income. All you need is a good topic that you’re passionate about, time, a laptop and Internet.
Blogging is Convenient
When you want to blog, you do not have to have your own website or any kind of software. There are various platforms like Blogger, WordPress, BlogSpot, etc., where you can set up a blog without spending anything. You are not required to have any technical or web design knowledge either. All you need to do is sign up and start posting!
With everything put in place for enthusiastic bloggers already, all you need to do is pick an interesting topic that you’re passionate about, write well and start telling people about the blog. This is definitely a good start.
To make money through blogs is not all that difficult. While it would take some time and effort for the blog to pick up, there is potential for you to be drawing a five-to-six-figure income through the blog alone. Here are some easy ways to earn money through blogging:
- Google AdSense – By displaying ads pertaining to your blog’s content (or even others), you will be able to make money. Every time someone clicks on the ad, you will be paid.
- Selling products (Affiliate Programs) – These are not your own products but other people’s products. You insert direct links to pages where others are selling products in your writing, and every time someone clicks on the link, you will get paid. You can even opt to get some share out of the sales made through your blog.
- Selling content – Once your blog is popular enough and draws good amount of traffic, you can start approaching people with your content and write paid guest blogs for their websites. This is like a freelance writing job but you will actually be writing on a topic that already interests you and something you already know much about.
- Paid Surveys and Polls – This is simple. You take paid online surveys or polls, make some money yourself and then get in touch with concerned admins to let them place similar surveys on your blog. This will help you pull more traffic, in addition to earning you some money.
- Ebook Sales – Once your blog has picked up, writing an informative and engaging e-book and putting it out for sale is always a good idea. Various bloggers have earned big bucks through ebook sales. Once you know that you have enough readers and your blog has credibility, it is time to write an ebook and sell it.